too young for a sling?

i want ot put my baby in a sling. she os baley 3 weeks old though. i was interested in what i think is called a "moby wrap" and its basically just a piece of cloth that wraps around you and baby...has anyone had expierence with this or anything like it? also do you think she is too young still? she has some neck control but its not great, and after a few seconds she gets tired and lets it flop..im sure if she was facing me shed be fine but is there any position i can put in her to face outward and still be ok?

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

•  Nope, she is NOT too young. I want one when I have a baby.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• try the moby wrap, like the one seen above. There are also other similar ones like it, they are all wraps. There are a lot of helpful youtube videos that show how to do the wraps if you need help with that too :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 4:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i wouldn't face her outward until she has better neck control, you can tuck their head so that it's supported.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 4:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thanks!! yes that is exactly what i was looking for!
    hotmommy420

Comment by hotmommy420 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Moby style wraps are awesome, especially for newborns. I found them uncomfortable after about 15 or so lbs, but they are GREAT for the tiny baby stage.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• wearyourbaby.org for positions.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• moby wrap is fine for newborn, regular slings (like the pouch style one I have) are not recommended until they have good head control. As long as you can see her face and her chin isn't to her chest, you're good to go :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My DD has been in a Moby since she was 3 days old. You can learn a lot of different ties for each stage of development. You can start facing out when the neck gets stronger. When the baby is big, you can even back carry.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Moby Wrap is great and works with a newborn from day one :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010