My daughter just went for her 3yr check up & apparently is overweight. She eats well & is active. She is 38" tall and weighs 40lbs, wears 4t & 5t clothing. Anybody else have a "healthy big kid"? Oh, and she eats the same as her older sister who is long and lean. Both BF for 1st year, my hubby's grandmother said I fed her too much breastmilk, lmbo!

harp3love

Asked by harp3love at 3:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• she is not over weight....my son who isnt even two yet (turns 2 in feb) is wearing 2t-3t and is 30lbs and 32inches......my other son who will be 5 in oct is wearing 5t to boys xs 6-7 weighs 40lbs and is 42inches....to me your child isnt overweight she is healthy
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My 14 month old is as big as a 2 yr old and he's very healthy. He was breast feed as well.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my dd is 4 and she's about 3ft something and weighs close to 50lbs but she's healthy and my ds is 13 months, 2ft 6in and 26lbs

they were both big at birth dd was born at 37 weeks and 9lbs 3oz 21 inches long, ds was born at 36 weeks 8lbs 6oz 21 and 1/2 inches
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• First off, I love you for saying laugh my butt off :)
    As for the size thing, I have amazons myself (thats what I call my two daughters, lol). My oldest is almost 3 and she is over 3ft tall and weighs about 35lbs. She's always been big though, but she is proportionately big. My youngest is almost one and is the 100% for her height and about 87% for her weight. They're both extremely healthy. My 3 year old has never even had an ear infection.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 4:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son was a tank when he was young, Until right before he started school, when he grew like 4 inches but didn't gain any weight. Now he is 8, almost 9, stands 4' 6" and weighs around 70lbs. But I have pictures of him where he seriously looks like Jabba the Hut. He eats healthy food, always has, gets soda and treats like that rarely. Drinks more water than me and his dad put together, he was just a chubby kid. Then he grew into his weight and now looks almost too thin. My daughter is doing the same thing. She was never as big as her brother, but she is starting to look too thin when she was just very chunky not too long ago.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• all kids are different. my dd 3 1/2 37 lbs and 38 inches and she was formula feed
    my ds is 19 mts 21 lbs 14 oz and he got bm thu bottle for 11 mts.
    funny thing is dd drank 18-30 oz of formula a day
    and ds drank 30-40 oz of bm a day
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What does your Dr. say?
    Are you seriously concerned?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My three year old is 39 lbs and 42 inches... I don't know what that is compared to everyone else
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, I'm not really concerned, just curious to see how many others have kids like her. She is very proportionate I think. She has always been very solid. weighed 8&1/2 lbs at birth. My husband's sister (and other family members) are a little bigger too, and tall, so we just figured it runs in the family, nothing obese that I know of.
    The dr. said it's probably that she's eating too much. She doesn't eat tons, just normal food/snacks. The only thing I might consider a downfall is she loves chocolate milk. I limit that though so it's not too much fat/sugar.
    She loves raw veggies too, just the other night she was eating raw bell pepper as I was making stuffed bell peppers for dinner. One of her fave snacks is sliced tomatoes w/lemon juice or just plain cherry tomatoes.
    Anyways, thanks for your input and interest, I feel better knowing ya'll have healthy "big" LO's too! LOL
    harp3love

Comment by harp3love (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ALSO, since 2 months after birth she has never worn her size in clothing/shoes. She just turned 3 and has been wearing size 9 shoes!
    harp3love

Comment by harp3love (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010