Getting my family to the table!

OK, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has trouble getting my family to gather 'round the dinner table even once a week. That goes for DH as well as the kids. Ladies: what works for you? How do you get the tribe to the table? How do you get yourself OUT of the kitchen to get to the table yourself? And once you get everyone there... how do you get the conversation goig?
Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• No choice. You want dinner, then you are sitting at the table. And we have dinner together at the table most nights - us not able to eat together for dinner is the exception and not the rule because we make it a point to sit together.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Exactly like above...Dinner is eaten at the table. There is no second choice. My kids are at the table every night(They are 5 and 10 though) My husband is there too as long as he is home from work..

If yout kids are older is may be slightly harder especially if they arent used to the rule. But thats whats so great about being their mother. You make the rules. They should follow..Or have consequences...

You can talk about their day at school...new haircuts...new clothes...birthdays coming up...something big in the news...pretty much anything.

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My boys are just not interested in eating. My daughter and I are like "let's eat!" My husband and sons have to be threatened. They really don't care one way or another. My 5 year old eats nothing most nights.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010