why is he so bad?

my ds is being a butt! he keeps grinding his teeth and screaming at me lol i know he's tired but he is refusing to take a nap and my arm is getting tired from holding him (he's about 26lbs) what can i do to make him hush? i hate to sound mean but after all day of this (from 5am til now) he's driving me insane

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I swear that is a toddler's mission, to see how far they can go before they "break" you. All I can say is stop holding him and let him throw his fit. Hang in there, they do grow up eventually.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Good luck, I have those days with my 2 yr old too. But I would just shut him in his room and give him and you a break from one another.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• momma, sometimes you gotta just lay them down, put on some soothing music, give them a safe toy, turn the lights down and walk out of the room. for youown sanity. he might scream and fuss and rage for a while, but more than likely he will settle down and stop once he knows its up to HIM to entertain or soothe himself. sounds like you need a break
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 4:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• well he has his own play room with safe toys and stuff but he just stands at the baby gate screaming... 5:00 can't get here fast enough! he's fine once daddy is home lol
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010