When cleaning up your yard for winter do you pick up all your pots and lawn ornaments and store them all?

I wouldn't dare even to try putting away my wagon wheel or wooden cart, or old time cultivator, I don't put away any of my milk cans either but maybe I shoould. What do you do?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I clean up. I already put my kids outside toys away, for the most part. Like their pool. The little things are still out. But our yard things, yes they go in the garage.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i put everything away..the stuff i have i spend to much hard earned money on to not take care of it..i don't have extra money to let things go to junk..but in my opinion if it's something that won't get wrecked or has no value then who cares..lol
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I put most stuff away so the winter doesn't destroy them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I run the lawn mower over my perinals, turn the birth bath basin upside down to prevent freezing/cracking, and move my 2ft statue into the garage (sentimental value. A friend bought it for me after we lost a baby at 16wks). The pots on the steps get turned up side down to put our jack-o-lanterns on for display. We don't rake,. We just set the lawn mowe to multch and run over them to break them up. We lay down some fertilzer to help the leaves break down. Our old retired neighbors are so jealous of how green our lawn is int he summer but they just won't listen to us about leaving the leaves in the yard as mulch. *shrugs*
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yep. I have 3 gnomes that I bring in and repaint every winter. They got so bleached one summer, the looked like ghosts!
    amazingaudri

Answer by amazingaudri at 4:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We put away whatever we can and remember.. But we get too much and sometimes something is forgotten.. Wait 'til you turn that play house into your potting shed . Good Luck! We saw a amazing one this year in the garden's parade! DH had his vessel of love he made sitting outside of it! Good Luck! Happy Fall. We have pure rain today. Horrible!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We put everything away. Of course we live in MI, so the winter weather is rough on our outdoor decorations.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010