how many natural mommys out there?

Gimme a bump if you believe in any/all of the following : clother diapering, breastfeeding, organic foods, homeschooling, natural medicines, home birthing, water birthing, etc. Feel free to add to the listt!! <3

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Using cloth bags at the store. Recycling what ever you can. Having a compost pile if you are able to.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think those are all good ideas but not necessarily are they all for me.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i do have a compost pile actually, i forgot to add that one in there!!
    hotmommy420

Comment by hotmommy420 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was afraid of the big needle in the back when I had my boys. When I had my girl, I was induced & got the epidural. I LOVED it! You do not get a prize for suffering thru labor/childbirth- so I would like to thank all the anestesiologist (sp?) out there for that wonderful invention! I have also bottle -fed and breast fed- and know what worked for me with ea. situation. I am grateful to have had the closeness that breastfeeding brought to me & my baby. (But I dont fault moms who chose not to for whatever reason)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• @ mrsmom110:
    i actually had a at home natural water birth with NO doctors or "anestesiologist (sp?) " i had about 5 mins of pushing and a total of 3.5 hours of labor, so id say that its easier having a birth at home where you can let your body do what it needs to naturally and that by letting it do that it is lee painful b/c your not fighting your body. everyone has their own opinions i just HIGHLY suggest looking into it, labor isnt as scary as everyone makes it out to be, espically the doctors. all they want is a paycheck, they look at your baby as a dollar sign not a human being.
    and i would say there is a prize for 'going through' not 'suffering' the pain naturally, you dont harm your baby for your self comfort.
    hotmommy420

Comment by hotmommy420 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I wanted to cloth diaper, but we couldn't afford the up-front cost.
    I started my son on breastmilk, but because the hospital made us give him formula in addition (I wish I could go back in time and refuse, but that's not possible), I ended up switching him to formula at 3 months. My daughter is 3 months 3 days, and she's still on breastmilk. I have no plans to stop anytime soon.
    I buy organic when I can. It's rare that we can afford it though.
    I don't have the right personality to homeschool, but I do plan to supplement my kid's education with outings and things like that.
    Both my kids were born naturally; my daughter was a waterbirth. I'm not sure if homebirth is legal here.
    As for medicine, I don't really have a preference. I don't really use medicine unless I feel it's a necessity.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ok so each woman has her own opinion of natural birth or not but that doesnt make one better then the other....NOT AT ALL!!!!! It depends on the mom!!! And what about those woman that cant do it natural are they still not as good and dont get your so called "prize"?? Shouldnt the prize be the baby no matter how he/she came into the world?? I will never understand why women have to be "right" about everything...why cant they just accept that what is right for them may not be right for others??
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• what is a natural mommy? never heard that term before ..
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I did/do a few of those thangs
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I breastfeed, I homeschool, we recycle.

I wanted to cloth diaper but it's a huge upfront expense.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010