if minor childern are taken out away from a babysitter by thiergrandparent is that considered kiddnapping?

Tara1313

Asked by Tara1313 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• without consent YES
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Without the consent of the parents - yes.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• without any consent? maliciously? yeah
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it all depends. Are they on the listing of approved people to pick that child up? If so, then I'd say no. If they are not, then I'd be reporting the daycare to the police and licensing
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes. It is considered kidnapping if anyone other than legal guardians take a child without the consent of a legal guardian. Heck, in my husband's divorce decree, it is illegal for my stepson's biomom to take him any day not outlined in the custody agreement without seven days notice that was agreed to by my husband. And can we discuss why your babysitter is letting your children go to someone other than you without your permission?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Did the grandparents bring the child back?
    What was the intent?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Did they have consent? My parents are forbidden and not on the approved list to pick up my son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It is interference of child custody. I would want to know why the babysitter let the children go with the g-parents in the first place.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the babysitter was my dauhgters grandparent and they are no blood to my boys so they thought they had to give them to them
    because they are blood and thats what the cops said..the police said it wasnt kiddnapping but i dont understand it at all
    i knew nothing of this at all
    Tara1313

Comment by Tara1313 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You need a new police department. Blood or not, if someone is NOT on the approved "pick up list" for a babysitter or a daycare, they cannot be given to them. Period.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010