until i get a new stove i'm stuck with this!

a roaster oven, george foreman grill and the trusty microwave....my stove messed up and until i get the money for a new one this is what i have here to cook on...suggestions for meals would be great

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We cook burgers on our foreman grill. I've grilled chicken before but it's hard for me to determine when chicken is done on the grill...
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ah...okay...Have you looked at used units? Your local goodwill etc. will often have used units for a lot less than a new one and if it is a reputable brand - like Amana or Whirlpool - they last for a long time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Have you looked at a scratch and dent place?We have some friends that were having some difficulties when their wall double oven died.Oh my gosh for about half price they got a new very good oven with a scratch and dent.Oh my gosh it is in the corner the length of a thumbnail.They got SS to match and it is darker.Like a sharpie mark the the length of a thumbnail.Next time we need a new appliance I am stopping there first.Love a good deal.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• How did it mess up?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i do the burgers on the grill....it was gas and a part went out and the gas company have been aholes about fixing it so i'm buying an electric
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You're not alone on that one. I have a very temperamental oven too. Some days it hasn't gone past 190 degrees. Not high enough to cook anything through, not even a pizza. When I am able to get it working I cook and bake all kinds of things. I've used the toaster oven to make foods that normally go in the oven, but the food doesn't cook up as well as being in the oven.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well this isn't really about using any of those nifty items, but could you maybe do a rent to own thing? I know here in Oklahoma, they have rent a centers, and you can "rent" for a short period of time, and not be locked into a contract, and then owe nothing else.. Pretty good deal and u can pay weekly,bi weekly, or monthly! Anyway just a thought:)!
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Hey its amazing waht you can cook in a toaster oven, my oven went out a couple of summer ago and they are expensive to replace...especially a built in stove/oven .......I steamed my veggies in the microwave and broiled chicken/porkchops/whatever in the toaster oven....just be careful of flareups if they food is too greasy....like oven fried chicken..you do what you have to do.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Floor models can get you what you want at a great price.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 8:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Go to the library and get recipe books for those particular items. Toaster Oven; GF grill; and Microwave.  

Look at the paper for estate sales. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010