Is it me or is it him?

I am 39 yrs old my boyfriend is 11 yrs younger than me, I have 3 children ages 20,19, and 13. He has no children, we have been together 2 yrs now, stopped using any form of birthcontrol about a yr ago., when we decided to try and get pregnant. But after a yr nothing. I'm not sure if it is me or him that isnt able to make this happen. Since we have hit the 1 yr mark on trying with nothing is it time to start to worry there may be a problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is no way to know without having both of you seen by a dr
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The only way to know for sure is to have you both go to a doctor and get checked out. You were obviously able to get pregnant before, but that was 13 years ago, your body has changed. I'd recommend going in and getting yourself checked out than you can go from there.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it depends on how long you were on bc i was on it for 4 years and when i got off it took us 3 years and we were doing it every day my second son i got off bc and it only took about 6 months.....so dont give up just keep trying it could take a while....maybe have his sperm count done since you know you can have kids
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You need to talk to a doctor to find that out. Good luck
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 4:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Do you really want to start ALL OVER? Lol..Maybe its a sign to think about it!

But as everyone said...No way to tell with out seeing a Dr.

Keep trying! There definately isnt any harm! :) Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Only a Dr would be able to tell you that.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• test by a dr can be the only way to know for sure
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• honestly go to the doctors if you really want to know if there is anything wrong or if its just taking a while because it could be a problem with him or with you or with both of you or neither of you could have a problem only a doctor can tell you for sure
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 12:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have always been told that when you "try" for a baby it doesn't happen. It when you least expect it that it happens.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010