Anyone else have a baby doing this?

She's 8 months old and when shes in the sitting position, car seat, high chair... she extends her legs in and out while pulling on her clothes. She starts breathing heavy & her face gets all red. I dont know what to do.... It started in her car seat at about 5 months, now she does it alot during the day even when shes sitting in the floor playing. Please help! Please do not answer if you do not have a child doing this. I need advice from someone who's had experience with this situation!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd and ds would do that when they were pooping and my ds does that just b/c he's crazy...he pulls on everything and makes a weird mean face and throws stuff all the time too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i would mention that to the dr
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• All I can think of is that she is trying to poop. Otherwise I would call and ask a doctor. Good luck.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If she's pulling on her clothes and the car seat, maybe she feels restricted in them or something. Maybe it's a phase? I would talk to the doctor too though if it worries you.

Pooping sounds right too. They all do crazy things when they poop. :)
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Are her legs falling asleep? Some seated positions make the diaper bunch around the legs too tight. DH actually remembers his high chair causing his legs to fall asleep (thus we still do not have one). Bumbo seats and car seats too.

We have also discovered that DD cannot pass gas when in her car seat. If she gets a gas bubble she will scream and pull on her clothes and scratch her face... It's just awful. I have to pull over, pull her out, let it pass, and hope she will calm back down.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010