Short ugly hairstyles

Did you ever wonder why when women get a certain age, they cut off all their hair and start wearing that short, ugly hairstyle all older women get? I guess I "get" why... blow-drying mine alone is a pain and seems to take forever making me hot and icky. It's a lot to keep up with! But am I going to cut it off and get one of those short, simple do's? NO...I'd look hideous. lol Will you ever "give up" and get the "ugly do" when you get older?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Sadly, I know exactly what cut you're talking about. I think short hair is beautiful, but I feel that you need a cut that fits your personality if you're going that route. I can't say that I'll never have super short hair, but I can say that I'll never get the "I gave up" cut.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You know I used to think it was the "grandma" hair cut too, but I remember having my revelation. I was watching "Pillow Talk" (Doris Day and hunky Rock Hudson), and my eyes were opened. She had the same haircut our grandmothers do! They are just wearing their hair as it was when they were in their prime. It used to be fashionable to have that super-short helmet hair.

What's going to happen is when we're 70, we'll still be wearing it down to our backs all wavy and blonde and our grandkids are going to say, "Come on, old lady! Your hair is stuck in the 2000s!" :)
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I asked my great-grandmother once why all the ladies in her church had the same haircut (short and permed)...

She told me it was because going through "the change" made their hair get thin, so cutting it short and perming it made it fluffier so their scalps didn't show.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i may...i have had a zillion different cuts, lengths/styles over the years. i'm not stuck in a hairstyle box, nor does my hair length define me.
    but that's just me.
    i love a cute, little pixie, all razored-out on a little 'older' lady. i think it shows spunk and devil-may-care. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• never....and i know exactly what hair you're talking about.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope. Made that mistake in high school.
    amazingaudri

Answer by amazingaudri at 4:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• LMAO..Never say Never...
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Some people just dont feel like having to do their hair anymore, when you get to that age, who really gives a f*ck, I guess. I dont really care, and personally think some people can pull it off. To each their own, and maybe when I reach that age Ill chop all mine off as well, Im already sick of having to do it everyday, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• NEVER!!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have no idea...my mom is 45 and going there.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010