Did you buy a doppler????

If so how far along were you when you first heard your babys heartbeat?
What did it sound like?

mommie42011

Asked by mommie42011 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I bought one that is similar to the ones the hospital has. I hear my sons heartbeat at 10 weeks. Sounds just like when they do it at the hospital. Don't waste your time or money on the belly beats thing from wal mart. I borrowed it to a friend and it got ruined though. =(
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The simple ones like the BeBe monitor are junk and don't pick up anything in most cases. But I know lots of moms who would rent a real doppler online...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I bought one... A GOOD one, not one of those belly beat things. I was absolutely neurotic, since I'd had a miscarriage only a month before I got pregnant with my son. I believe I started around 13 weeks, and it was easy enough to find. Sounded just like the dr's office dopplers. It sure prevented me from going nuts, worrying something went wrong.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That's why I bought mine too. I had 3 miscarriages before my first son.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ok well i just bought one from wal mart and i dont hear much of anything. Im 10 weeks today so I wasnt sure if i was using it too soon or what? Not sure if i can take it back, it cost me 23 bucks..
    mommie42011

Comment by mommie42011 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The ones from Wal-Mart and Babies R Us are a joke. You have to buy the kind from Amazon or Ebay that is like the doppler the hospital has. My friend has one and they have been hearding the babies heartbeat since 8 weeks.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, but I almost did. I started having bleeding at 15 weeks, well before I could feel movement. I just wanted to know that everything was ok. But, I didn't end up buying it. This last baby was my last, so I didn't see the point in spending the money on it.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 12:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Take that one back. I got one of them from a friend, and even at full term, I couldn't hear a thing. We got better results with my stethoscope. If you decide to invest in one (not much of a reason, frankly), get a hospital-grade one. But don't waste your money on the ones geared toward moms. Those generally don't work.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I brought one online from Amazon. Heard my baby at 8wks 6days, sounded like when doc/midwife listens to baby but it did say on box that many ppl don't hear the heartbeat before 12weeks.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 7:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yup, I loved mine. I used it like once a week. DH recorded it into the computer too so we always have a copy.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 9:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010