What do you think of the Katie Perry/Elmo scandal?

I can't think of any reason to dress scantilly on a baby/child's programming... What do you think?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think they need to pick better celebrities to have on the show period. Katy Perry is not exactly someone that I would consider child friendly, and her outfit fits her image.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sesame Street dressed her. It's their own fault.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't think it was that bad. It could have fit her a little better, but honestly I thought the skit itself was cute, and I don't think kids would have paid attention to her low top. They wouldn't really know to think about it, I don't think....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I just dont understand why they would choose Katie Perry to be on Sesame Street.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• what?
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/09/video-sesame-scandal-katy-perry-segment-pulled-after-parents-complained
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it. Kids see about the same thing everyday. A lot of women show that much.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it's kind of stupid... I didn't see anything scandalous about the way she was dressed, and kids CERTAINLY wouldn't feel that way. Just some uptight parents. Besides, if the way she was dressed was really offensive, don't you think somebody would have said something BEFORE they taped it?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHROHJlU_Ng

Watching the actual video, she does say that they were supposed to play dress up, and he wants to play tag. The reason she's dressed that was is she's playing, so I kind of get it, I doubt the kids would make a big deal of it. I agree that Katy isn't the best pick to be on sesame street but it could be worse it's not like she sang that she kissed Elmo and liked it.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010