Hand painting with a 1 year old

For Christmas, I am making homemade giftwrap with my son. Any tips on hand painting for the first time?

so1986

Asked by so1986 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My kids did that in school for gift wrap. I really liked the way it came out. I didn't even want to rip the paper because their hand prints were on it in blue and red. It was really nice. They used a nontoxic, washable paint for doing so and regular painting paper to wrap their projects in for giving. Very creative!
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Do it outside...Lol.

Be prepared for a mess and HAVE FUN! To prevent all the colors from being mixed into one..Do one color at a time and let it dry before doing the next!

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• have him in just a diaper...and you in old clothes. Have fun don't expect to be anything less than a huge mess! You can get crayola finger paint it wipes up easy!
    My son loves to finger paint (2) I clear off the kitchen table, make him wear an apron, give him 3 colors and a paint brush and he paints for about 30min. He has been finger painting since about age 1...(he started out with foods...Ketcup, mustard, pudding, iing...things like that!
    Sounds like a fun time =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We did this a few times and it does get messy but the kids always have such fun. I would even take shaving cream (non-menthol) and let them finger paint with that as it was a txtile activity to do. Just be prepared for a mess and enjoy yourselves.
    Mamaford2

Answer by Mamaford2 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010