Medicaid & Food Stamps

If you are on medicaid or Food stamps please give me a general idea of what your bills are? How do you afford the other bills like phone, housing, gas, electric... how long have you recieved assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Since it varies sate to state you aren't going to get a real feel for anything here. You should be able to find an income scale for your state. I am guessing that is what you are trying to figure out...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• just because you are on food stamos and medicaid dont mean you dont have a job, or any other income !
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 4:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• elec:160.00
    phone/internet:75.00
    cell:50.00
    water:25.00
    car ins:50.00
    lot rent:150.00
    house:200.00
    house ins:30.00

My son has medicaid. I get 100.00/month in FS. I struggle with bills.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I bring home $1262.00 a month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• well i have medi-cal which is prob just lik medicaid.....i live in cali i have a house hold of 4 people our income for the month is 2,300.00......our bills come to 1,800.00 what we have left we have to get by with food and gas and it sucks.....ive been on medi-cal for 4 years but a few years back are income was 4,500.00 and i could pay more bills ive fallen behind on all my credit cards but i make due with what we got.....im not on it by choice trust me
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Thanks BradenIsMySon for the answer. $100/month isnt much for FS
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, it isn't. That's why it is called S.N.A.P. here...Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program. only supplement your income. and I don't have much of an income to use on food. And with us 2...$100.00 doesn't go far.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• and ive applied for food stamps cuz we always dont have food and we make to much to get a penny worth of helpf from food stamps as of right now all my bills are paid well kinda i could only pay half of my pg&e so that we would have some money till we get paid again NEXT MONTH...we got 20bucks how is that gunna last?...but i make to much lol
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I get child support and alimony (450) a month
    I work part time about 1000 a month
    Home 500
    elect 150
    cell 40
    internet included with apt
    water 30
    gas for the car 60
    baby sitter 100 Daycare assist pays 400 more
    car ins. 54
    netflis 10
    FS 350
    Medicaid for the kids (2)
    Also get TANF for a few more months I got 6 months after my divorce I get 300 a month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am disabled and on medicaid. we used to get food stamps, then we didnt for like a year. now all of a sudden we are getting $78 this month and we got notice we are getting $78 next month. not sure why . but i wont look a gift horse in the mouth. ya know? The biggest thing for ME and my son is the mediccaid. we are both considered uninsurable . we have both been turned down by pretty much all major and minor companies for health insurance. including through hubby's former employment. I am on medicare but that doesnt cover all the costs of my care a month and if i go in patient in the hospital it woudl be a nightmare financially. so i have to be on medicaid as a supplement to my medicare. my meds alone are sometimes 2 grand a month. mostly generic too. my other medical bills are usually around a grand MINIMUM and sometimes run 4-5 grand a month for months on end. so without the mediccal I would be hospitalized/institutionalizd
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 5:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010