swaddling

When is it ok to stop swaddaling my baby she is two months and really doesnt care for it I wrap her up and within the hour shes out of it.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she doesn't like it you certainly do not have to do it. I actually never swaddled my kids because they were the same way.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• As long as baby is dressed warmly enough for the temperature your comfortable in you do not have to swaddle the baby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I stopped swaddling my little one around 3 months- she hated it, so I started swaddling her under the arms.. then not at all. Now she either sleeps in layers (onsie/feety pajama) or in a onsie/socks/sleepsac.. no blanket. :)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 4:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You don't have swaddle if your baby don't like it. My baby started kicking out around that age too. He likes the blanket tucked under his arms because he sucks his thumb.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You dont ever "have" to swaddle. I just stopped swaddling my 5 month old, and I sort of still do. I wrap her arms up when she is put down for bed. She obviously wiggles out, but it gets her to sleep :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I stopped when we got home from the hospital because my son didn't like it. The nursery insisted, but he hated it. Got too warm. It's only comforting to a baby if they like it.
    DianalovesRich

Answer by DianalovesRich at 8:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If the baby no longer needs the swaddle, then by all means take them out. The problem is that you don't want them wiggling out then getting tangled in the swaddle blanket. If they wiggle out, but still need the benefits of swaddling, check out www.magicsleepsuit.com. Its a new product designed for babies who no longer want to be swaddled, but still need that contained, cozy feeling to help them sleep.
    Anonymous

• I have 2 month old twins and one baby loves to be swaddled and one baby hates it. If your baby doesnt want it, dont do it. I put a blanket sleeper on my twin that hates to be swaddled, that way she stays warm even if she kicks her covers off.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 10:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008