Do you vote, because you can..........

or because you want to get your voice heard so to speak!? What is the real reason you feel it is important to vote!!

kriszaz

Asked by kriszaz at 4:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, the older I get, the less important it seems to vote. Call me cynical, but all the politics and jockeying and politicians is so many promises, so little fulfillment.

I feel like we're less about "by, for and of the people" as "by, for and of the highest bidder". :(
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If I don't vote, how can I possibly complain when things don't go the way I want them to? I vote because I believe it's not just a right, it's a duty.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I vote because that is my voice. I write my Congressional Representative because that is my voice. I write my pres. because that is my voice.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I feel that if I don't vote, I don't have a right to complain about anything because I didn't take the time to voice my opinion.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I vote because it is my right and a way to express my opinion. But i do agree with the first responder, it feels as if our votes mean less and less--especially on the national stage than they used to--because once elected, politicians stop listening to their constituents. AND with the massive issue over DEMOCRAT voter fraud, the winner of a political contest HAS to win by a large margin or it won't stand, once all of those "misplaced" boxes of votes are suddenly found and counted.

I do, however, wish that it was mandatory for those who wish to cast political votes, be required to pass a basic history test related to voting and about the candidates. Voting these days has become emotional and not intelligent. Voters need to look at the big picture and the candidates ENTIRE platform, not just one issue that THEY are interested in, because often times that one issue isn't THE most critical one!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yeah, I take it pretty seriously and do my research...
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 5:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I vote because it is the first best way I can participate in my government and have some modicum of control of my life with regards to my government. However, it shouldn't be the only way I do this.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the big picture and the candidates ENTIRE platform, not just one issue that THEY are interested in, because often times that one issue isn't THE most critical one!

Oh My, the conservatives would have a field day. Talk about focusing on an issue or two and losing sight of the big picture.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My vote is my voice in all political matters. I would never give up my voice.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• This is our Country and if you want a say in whats being done you vote.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010