how can a 13 year old make money

missfuji

Asked by missfuji at 4:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Babysitting, is a good option, and probably the only legal. lol...
    Anonymous

• mowing grass, raking leaves, snow shoveling, and of course babysitting.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Paper route,s helping out elderly neighbors with year work, doing chores in your own home for set amounts a $ like cleaning dusting vacuuming. Things like that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Boy or girl? Pet sitting or walking... errands for old people or people who can't get out of their house. Lawn mowing, trimming weeds... talk to farmers they can keep them busy!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son babysits, helps shovel snow, rake leaves, washes cars, stuff like that
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree with the "handy" type of jobs. If there is a teenager ambitious enough to beat the pavement and ask to do lawn work or shovel snow for me, I will usually pay them to do it...half because I don't want to do it myself, and half because I'm proud to see kids still willing to work to earn something.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'll add that the young man that is ambitious enough to come around my community makes some decent money too! I usually give him 10 or 15 to shovel my driveway and walk and it takes him about 20 mins, so if he can get several people to do this, he's going to rake in the dough that day!! He's up and about bright and early on snow days instead of sleeping it. Its great to see that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2008