Cat Pee and Leather

Any suggestions on how to get cat pee out of a leather couch? I'm afraid I'm going to have to throw it away!! I've tried vinegar and pinesol and I still get a wiff of it.

AirForceMommy2J

Asked by AirForceMommy2J at 4:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pets

• Have you tried dawn dish soap? and or Ivory bar soap? There are also chemicals sold at pet stores to nutralize the order as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I had a cat pee on a bunch of leather coats and I tried everything and ended up having to throw them away. Sorry, I don't think cat pee comes out of anything, but especially not leather. :(

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• vbruno, I will definately try those!!

Lornamay, that's what I'm afraid of!!
    AirForceMommy2J

Answer by AirForceMommy2J at 4:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Om Goodness, I had this happen and I first used the product call OUT stain and odor remover. I let it dry in the area where the cat has done her thing! It has an ensyme that eats bacteria from piss. Let this OUT soak in as much as you can then blot dry. Reoil your leather with leather cleaner and let that soak in. I also would sugest a lemon or lime to be rubed on the area it will take the odor out too,but ck to see if the leather doesn't fad color with that stuff. Same with the out stuff you need to test an eara somewhere on the leather to see if it is color -fastness. But mine worked on a RED real leather couch...Could never afford to replace this couch!!!
    Good luck...
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 4:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008