What can I put in my 1 yr old hair so her curls don't look so frizzy? Is there something safe and natural I can put in her hair.

She has beautiful natural curls but it looks so frizzy when she gets up from sleeping all night.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It is a green bottle with a manual spray.
    I believe it is called Johnson and Johnson no more tangles or leave in conditioner.
    It is wonderful and not too expensive and lasts a long time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A little bit of 100% coconut oil. It will also help the hair to grow beautifully. You can find it at Vitacost.com or GNC.
    for-HIS-glory

Answer by for-HIS-glory at 5:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What I use is the stuff called FRIZZ-EASE hair serum. This is what I use. I have really curly hair. I use condition mouse too. They both help tame my frizzy hair.

Answer by louise2 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I always let my hair dry naturally.  I never blow dry it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My DD has very loose curls on the back of her hair. When she gets the 'nest' back there I use a spray in conditioner. I really like Aussie. I spry it comb it through and the 'crunch' it back up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would just wet her hair, spray some leave in conditioner in your hands & run your fingers through her wet hear & let it dry naturally. Or carefully spray it directly on her hair. Leave in conditioners are good for the hair. If you're concerned, you can try a natural brand, but they're more expensive. I used to do it all the time when my DD was young, i still do it to this day. Her hair is very healthy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I am going to try a few things and see what works best.
    itsallabtthem84

Comment by itsallabtthem84 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What about the length? My curls always start frizzing when my hair is getting too long. It is like they weigh the curls down.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• She is only 1 yrs old , so her hair is really short. It has not grown much since birth.
    itsallabtthem84

Comment by itsallabtthem84 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Pantene has a shampoo out that is made for frizzy hair and it takes the frizzy out of the hair - i used to have very frizzy hair - now i don't - they also have a conditioner that takes the frizzy out - but it is not tearless - that could be a problem with a baby
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2010