pregnant after getting tubes tied? may be TMI for some and kinda long

I had my tubes tied after having my last child. Now 3 years later I'm begining to think that I am pregnant. I have a lot of symptoms ( peeing alot, moody, morning sick, sore boobs, tired). My period last month was no where near normal. I normally am on for 5 or 6 days. But last month I bled for 2 days (light) and then nothing for a day and then for 2 days had a dark brownish discharge. And I didn't think anything about being pregnant until my DH and I got inot a agurement and he told me I was acting crazy just like when I was pregnant with our other kids. So I guess my question is this...is it possible to still get pregnant after getting tubes tied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's possible, my little sister has had her tubes tied 3 times and keeps getting pregnant but she also has had uterine cancer which is probably why the tubes keep growing back together. She just had a D&C 3 months ago and is trying to get scheduled for a full hysterectomy.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have heard of it happening and always remember nothing is impossible if it is meant to be. I would say go and get a pregnancy test so perhaps you can set you mind at ease.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes, although very rare. My aunt had her tubes tied and still ended up pregnant!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• it is possible. but only very very slightly....but still possible. I also had my tubes tied and have had nothing but problems since the surgery. i dont know what to tell ya except go get a test!!! good luck in which ever outcome you are hoping for...
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My dads ex got her tubes tied 7 years ago and has been pregnant a couple times since then. So ya it is possible.
    Anonymous