Do you think $77 is too much?

I was at the store the other day and saw some cute stuff for my 2 kids(3 and 5).I got them one set a piece(one set was jeans, a shirt and a hoodie and the other was jeans and two shirts), and I got my oldest son a hoodie and another shirt. It came to $77. When I told my SO, he told me that that was too much for the little amount of clothes I got. What do you think? Do you agree with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That doesn't sound too bad

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Not in NYC!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It would depend on where you were, I guess. I mean, that sounds like a lot for Walmart or Target but a department store like Penneys, it sounds ok.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Personally, yes.

For $77, I go to the thrift store to get jeans for me tweens cause they're growing too fast and I get 12 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of cords and 6 long sleeved Henleys, plus still have enough left over to stop at the drive-through for everyone.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That seems pretty high, for not getting much, but I olny buy clothes if I can get a good deal on them, I never pay full price
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think what's "too much" really depends on how much you have to spend in total and how many items your kids need. If that was a significant portion of your shopping budget, then it might be too much. If that is only a small portion of your shopping budget, then it probably wouldn't be too much.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Hellyea that is too much u could have gotten more for your money at sears kmart i have six children all was looking for a deal
    Renetiny4

Answer by Renetiny4 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That sounds about avg. I think.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• depends on your budget. but in my opinion, even if it WERE a splurge, it was for you kids, not you. if you spend a little less on yourself so you can spend a little more on your kids... well, that's just good parenting
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It is not up to us to say. He knows your finances. He should be considered in how much you spend on the children. Maybe there is a reason he is worried about money.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010