am i a bad sister?

my sister called me this morning and asked me if i would go with her to a notary and sign a paper saying that she lived with my mom for such and such amount of time..blah blah blah.. (she needs the paper for court to try to get her son back)...i told her no i wouldnt do it for her. #1 because i'm not exactly sure if this was the truth..#2 i don't believe her kids should be with her because she is not stable. She got mad and hung up on me. I know you should always be there for your family but why should i help her by putting her kids through hell?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You did the right thing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you were being there for your family. her kids are your family.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i think you did the right thing because once you have a child or a niece nephew granchild the world now revolves around them if you felt they were unsafe with her then thank god they have someone to look after them
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 5:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i don't know what to do though...my mom is being STUPID...and is signing for her knowing how bad of a mother she is. My mom already cares for one of her kids..and now my mom (i think is lying) and signing saying she lived with her..just so my sis want have to end up paying the father child support and the other kid will more than likely end up back in my sisters dirty hands..staying with my mom mostly..and my sister whenever she feels like babysitting
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i can understand that your mom loves having her grandchildren around, but i think you did the right thing.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well, is she honestly trying to do better for herself and her kids? I think thats a very sticky situation to be in and it comes down to is she A doing better but not enough in your eyes or B is she not doing enough period. Good luck with that one Family is as think as it gets but having children around drugs or sexual or verbal or physical abuse is never ok in my book.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no..my sis is not doing better..one week she will call me and she will be in florida..another she will be in the mountains, she didnt even show to her daughters first bday party. She stays between 3 different men. One of them (that she has co-signed an apartment with) beets on her. I think he pimps her out (just my opinion though) cuz why would she be so stupid to keep going back? especially when there are these 3 other guys she stays inbetween. idk.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sounds like you did the right thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You did the right thing.Your sister was asking you to do something illegal.It's called Purgery.I would have done the same thing sweetie.So no worries mamma.And don't be so hard on yourself.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 7:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You can write a letter to the court if you think it is that bad. Or you can go to court for the father, maybe have the father's attorney subpoena you so, you can blame him. I had to go through this with my sister. Ugh!

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010