when my son goes to the potty

he tells me i have to go with him WHY

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 5:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 3 year old is all of a sudden doing this also he peed himself i school because he says that he is afraid of the toilet and the bathroom is scary and noisy if you get a good answer how to stop this please let me know
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 5:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Young children don't really have the need for privacy and space. That is a social need that we have as adults. It is a little scary, toilets are loud and it's bright and it's really boring in the bathroom. Also for a young child bathrooms are HUGE and mostly empty which makes them very unique places in a house.

I promise he wont go to collage needing you to keep him company while he pees so for now I would just go ahead and join him in the bathroom.
    onyxravnos

Answer by onyxravnos at 6:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• They're doing something "new".....and want their momma there to see them do it. He'll grow out of it. My 3 1/2 year old get's MAD if I'm in the bathroom with her now...she shuts the door so she can have her "privacy"
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010