Mom's of boys...How many times per week did/do you clean your bathroom while your son was potty training/just potty trained?

My son has is potty trained (3) and he recently started wanting to stand and pee (like daddy does)...well...He has REALLY bad aim and I feel like all I ever do is clean my bathroom! Seriously I clean it like 3-4 times a week (clorox wipe it down and really scrub it once)...when does it get better? =o)

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 5:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let's see if I can remember...How many times did her pee a day...? Whatever that was, that's how many times I had to clean it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Mine was an excellent aim actually. LOL He still is, he doesn't even raise the seat part.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yeah, several times a day. LOL

Tell him to "Point it DOWN". no aiming involved, if he is too short get him a stool. And be sure to remind him each and every time to point it down. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my first had good aim, my second...not so good! he had to learn to wipe the toilet when he was done! I am scared about my 3rd boy! Each of my boys is messier than the last!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Several times daily. Now, between him and his father, some things get wiped down/disinfected a few times a day.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I just keep a can of bleach wipes in the bathroom and wipe as necessary. If you want to know what makes an even worse mess than a potty training boy, that would be when his twin sister decides she can and will stand up too!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When my son stood to pee for the first time, I didn't have him aim it. I had him let it dangle naturally and I kind of leaned him over the toilet. We did it this way for a while, until he started to lean himself over the toilet. You can also have him lean over and hold on to the back of the toilet. He is just now (4) starting to aim it and has done just fine. He peed outside the toilet, maybe 2-3 times.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 6:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Everyday......sometimes a few times a day :) My boys are now 9 & 7 and I am still cleaning their bathroom daily.......especially in the morning when their aim isn't so good. I have caught my boys peeing in the shower (when they're not in it), in the trash can and in the sink.......they have learned to help clean the bathroom!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 6:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't have any little boys, but I have a husband with bad aim. I clean every day. I would make him do the cleaning, but he won't do it, he just doesn't care if his pee is all over the front of the toilet and the floor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Let's here it for clorox and lysol wipes! I use them a couple of times a day to clean up. Admittedly, after a couple of weeks, he's gotten a lot better but sometimes he clearly thinks it's fun to simply see what he can hit...
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010