do u sometimes feel like a bad mom?

i do when i yell at him or get mad when his being bad or when im cleaning and he wants to play but i cant someone else feels like this

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 5:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ditto, hun! Same here.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I get so tired that I just hand her to daddy and say, "I cant be the parent right now." I do feel like a bad mom.

But a real bad mom is one who doesn't ask for help and shakes the baby, or worse. We aren't bad moms for being human. We cant be perfect all the time. A good mom learns to accept it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Every mom feels this way after they let their patience get the best of them...Iove and calmness work better than spanking and yelling...

Just try to think about how they feel and how much they love you and want to play with you. Make sure you play with them(even if just for a good solid 20 minutes) before you start your cleaning..And let them know that your going to get some things done after you play...And after a certain amount of things are done give them another 20 minutes..

Like..After Im done vaccumming anf doing the dishes we will play your game/play doh etc...

Good Luck! And go hug your little ones!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I always feel like that!
    I am glad I have a lot of kids, so at least they have each other!
    A big goal of mine is that my kids don't spend too much time in therapy as adults ; )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Part of being a good mom is worrying that you are a bad one.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Any human honest mom does
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i do..i think we all do at some point or another...but what makes me feel like a bad mom is when my daughters upset about something (shes 6), and shes crying, and i try to comfort her, and then she just gets even more mad and yells even louder, and then i end up yelling, and then she gets more upset because IM yelling..makes me feel like crap...it doesnt happen often, but when it does, it sucks...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• All the time.......tonight when my older 2 got home from school they needed some help with their homework, while helping them my DD wanted me to play with her. I felt horrible telling her I couldn't because I was helping her brothers. She cried and told me that I loved them more :( I know that's not true and when she calmed down she knew it too but it doesn't make me feel any better.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 6:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yep.. I sure have felt that way at times.

It's part of motherhood. :-)

We question ourselves. Question if we did the right thing, or we approaching this the right way, etc.

What moms have to do eventually. Is accept that we are not perfect. We do not always do the right thing or make the right decision. We're human it's impossible for us to be perfect/right etc..all the time. Just not happening. And the decisions we make (and have to make at times) aren't always a popular one that is received fondly or appreciated. But we as moms, still have to make those decisions.

Once a mom accepst these things fully. And always remembers in the back of our minds that whatever she did/chose she did so because she felt/believed it was the right thing.. Then the feeling of being a "bad" mom at times passes, and the acceptance of "I am mom" (lol) and I do what needs to be done comes into being. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think every mother has those moments where she feels inadequate or somehow not up to par. Its something we all have to deal with. But we just have to remember that we're making the best choices we can and doing whatever we feel is best and trust that. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010