Can I switch cell phone plans but still keep my phone and my number ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can keep your number, but not all phones can be used by all companies. Ask.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ask who ever you have service with. They are the only ones that can really answer this for you.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think you can switch plans and keep your number, if you're keeping the same carrier, but if you switch carriers I'm not sure...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You can keep the number, and you can keep the phone... though it may not work without being unlocked.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you're staying with the same company/carrier/provider, yes, you'll keep both. If you switch carriers you'll need a new phone but can keep the same number - you'll have to ask for that though.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it would depend on the compacy... Couldn't hurt to ask the new company you want to go with.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes,You can do it.If you want to change another network(Switch plans) but keep same number means,First you will do Number portability.After getting your new sim card,Make sure your phone is unlocked one.If it's restricted by single network means,try to unlock your mobile before swap your sim.For unlocking visit Mobile-Unlocker.com I hope it will be very useful to you.

puppychellam

Answer by puppychellam at 11:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2014