how long did u let ur new born sleep with you

my son was in my bed with us for 8months i didnt want sid to happen now im having my second i wonder if 8months was too long or ok? what about u

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• My youngest is 6 months and still co-sleeping, I don't know yet when we'll transfer him to his own bed, we didn't co-sleep with our older two.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my first son went to his own bed at 6 months, my second was almost 2! My 3rd and 4th were twins and moved on at 12 or 15 months...my 5th sleeps more in the crib than she does with me, she just happens to sleep through the night. I keep the crib right next to the bed.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Mine were in their own bed form day one for most naps and most of the night. I did breast feed DD to sleep before moving her and I did allow her to sleep on my chest from her 5 am to her 8 am feeding on days I didn't work until she was close to 6 months old. I never felt safe letting her sleep with us all night. I was so sure we would squish them!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No babies in my bed...That alone is a risk....

Hes in a bassinet and will be untill about 3 months then its to his crib...Same with my first son...
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• He still crawls into our bed sometimes, usually about 530am...he's 5. LoL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We coslept til about 6 months, then I would nurse him to sleep and put him in crib in our room and when he woke up in the night i would bring him to bed. now he is three and he either sleeps in our bed or his own depending on whats going on. Last night it was our bed, he was sick to stomach. its probably 50/50 his bed and ours.
    hriabywx4

Answer by hriabywx4 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My kid's almost three and still sleeps with me, lol. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My girl was in a bassinet in my room until she couldn't fit anymore :D (8 mo) then she went in the bed with me until she turned 2. We bought her a crib, and I did try to use it on occasion, but the way it is, and the way I am, the rail, when in the down position, was still too tall for short lil' ol' me to lower her in there, and she'd wake up every time. I wanted to keep her in my room anyway so I figured I'd use the bed when she got older. (It's one of those 4 in 1 convertible ones.) She transitioned great!! Around her 2nd bday we made a big deal out if it and made it into the toddler bed, let her pick out bedding, and she's loved her bed ever since. She doesn't even come in my room at night.
    I think co-sleeping is a wonderful, beautiful thing, if you can do it safely. If DH and I slept in the same bed there'd be no way. He sleeps so deep and rolls all over the place & I'm extremely light sleeper (hence separate rooms!) :D
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• til she was 4...lol
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• until he was 4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010