Is it normal....?

Ok so my DD just started on solids last week (6 mo old) she did fine with the cereal after a few days....and now I've introduced carrots. She keeps throwing them up...I'm only giving her a tsp. Is that a common reaction as their stomachs adjust or should I try another veggie?

Kimebs

Asked by Kimebs at 4:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds like she might not be ready for solids. if she did okay with the cereal i might go back to that and wait to introduce veggies and/or fruits later.
    i know when i started my daughter on yogurt at about 11 months she did fine with it but would always spit it up later. i just stopped giving it to her and waited a couple of months and re-introduced it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Try another veggie. Carrots are a real tough one.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son did this with sweet potato and we found out later he is allergic to them...strange thing to be allergic to and nothing else huh, but he's 7 and still can't eat them without throwing up.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son did that as well with sweet peas. He was allergic to them too. Just try something different.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Maybe try the carrots mixed with the cereal. If she still throws them up then she may be allergic.
    Anonymous