How much is too much ?

I have started working out more then usual....I have a stationary bike, i go on that for 1/2 hr in the mornings, along with about 5 to 10 mins of sit-ups, then i go another 1/2 hr on the bike at lunch time, and another 1/2 at dinner time on the bike!
I dont eat anything unless it is whole wheat,.....i prefer the whole wheat stuff to the white stuff anyways so it was not that hard of a switch for me, i only drink water. no coffee,or sodas or anything like that...i don't eat junk food.....even though dh brings it in the house.....I have learned to control myself when there is junk food in the house!
Most of the day i am running around cleaning up either dishes,laundry,picking up toy and Just playing with my daughter in general....so i am a very active woman/mommy/wife.
I am trying so hard to lose weight and i am 199 lbs, and i have only started on the bike today....i also work out on the wii-fit active. am i over doing it?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 6:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't think you're over-doing it on the exercise but you need to eat protien ( or your muscles will deteriorate), vegetables and fruit hun, stay healthy, ok?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think you should start out slow and work your way up, you are gonna be sore if not. I am trying myself to lose weight but I cant cut out my caffeine!
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• listen to your body and it will tell you if you are over doing it. Different bodies have different thresholds. Protein will keep you full- look for lean sources- egg whites, chicken breasts, tuna, other fish, beans, nuts. Watch your portions and count your calories. Good job mama you can do it!
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• your diet sounds great.. (just be sure you are getting all your vitamins and minerals that you need).

as for exersice, there is a sight on msn.com that will help you count calories, find the best exercises, etc to reach your goal weight. I'd check it out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2010