How old is too old..

For a paci..? Just share your opinion. I have to cook!

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 6:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• When your child is done with it.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 6:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think a year is the limit for me...preferably younger because it is easier to take away. One of my biggest "mommy pet peves" is to hear a child try to talk with a paci in their mouth.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• 6 months. Infants have a natural need to suck, toddlers do not.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• 15
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I allowed my son to keep it till he turned 2 (Sep 2). Now he only gets it at night, but I'm going to try to phase it out completely by the end of the month.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• about a year
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Heres what I did with my son...He could have it whenever he wanted untill he was two..Then it was only when he was going to bed or in the car...He was almost 3 when I broke him of it..By telling him his cousin took it..LOL...He said he understood and asked when she was coming back with it for about 4 days and then stopped asking.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I took my son's paci away around 18 months. If you are about to do this, just stick to your guns and it will be ok!! :-) I did it when it was a nice night outside and let him cry himself to sleep. I couldn't take it if I was sitting inside. I just went in every so often to check on him and eventually, he cried himself to sleep. I cut the end off of one paci and told him it was broken and from then on, he knew his paci was broken and hasn't asked for it since!! :-)

Good Luck!!

~Alyssa
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son was a little over 2. I felt like people were giving me weird looks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• At one I made the paci a bed time ONLY thing. Then at 2 I took it away. They cried for it, but I stood strong. It was not that bad...but I think making it a bed time only thing helped.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010