Ovulation time?

Weird question, and obviously, I should just ask my doctor, but I just wanted to get opinions. I am pretty good (or used to be) at knowing when I was ovulating. I am not currently TTC, but will likely be in the not-so-distant future, and need a little help. I have always ovulated right around the 14 day mark after my period starts. Here's my problem, my period is kinda wonky. When I first get it, it's light spotting for about 5-7 days, then heavy bleeding for 2-3 days, and then spotting for a day or 2. Is the first day of my period the day I start spotting or the day I start the heavy bleeding? Given how long my periods end up being, I may have a difficult time timing the ovulation. Any ideas? I know, when the time comes I can use a kit, just thought I'd get some opinions first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• get ovulation kits at walmart, they're not very expensive.
    I got one for 12 bucks, and it comes with a few tests, i only used one because it worked instantly and i got pregnant.
    Chart when you think you're going to ovulate, then start testing around those times.
    Good luck :)
    ScubasMommy

Answer by ScubasMommy at 7:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You can chart your BBT and check cervical mucous and position. This is a cheaper way than buying the kits. Since you don't know when the actual period starts (and neither would I based upon what you wrote), it would be the way I would go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010