Is there anyway to avoid getting my period after baby comes? I mean I know breastfeeding which I DO exclusivly...

I exclusivly breastfed both my babies from the start and I STILL started my period back the next month!!!

What gives!? It would be nice to not have it! Get an extra bonus for me...

Any ideas?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont know. There are some ladies in my baby group who still haven't gotten it back! I feed every 2 hours 24 hours a day, all night everything, got it back in 2 months. I have no idea what gives but wish I had made it into the club that still doesn't have it a year later :(
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 9:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Get a hysterectomy done.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A lot of women dont get it when they breastfed. When I had my first two I was excited to go even longer without it!!!

But then it showed up unexpectedly.

Not a big deal, just nice to not have to worry about it or cramp with a new baby!!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My cycle returned relatively quickly following my oldest two, by like 3 months postpartum after my first and before my 6 week postpartum visit with my second. My youngest however is 6 months old and no sign of my cycle returning. There are a few things I've done differently this time around, I've not used a pump at all, I've co-slept, and I've been baby wearing. I also feed on demand, as I did with my other two.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I did all of that except for the baby wearing.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I had the mirena birth control put in 6 weeks after I gave birth and I haven't had one since, that was over 2 years ago
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I got mine back 5 weeks after giving birth. Then I got the Mirena about 2.5 months later, and lost my milk (because of it) by the time she was three months old. I didn't get a period, though, until she was 9 months. I got it back the week I had the piece of crap taken out.

That's the only thing I can think of, but I DO NOT recommend ANY kind of hormonal birth control to a woman who wants to breastfeed. "They" say it won't effect your supply, but I've known and known of a lot of women who did lose their milk after getting the Mirena, and most had a ton of other problems while they had it. I don't recommend it to anyone, even if they aren't going to breastfeed.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My period came back within a month, and I was a baby-wearing, EBFing mama. Some of us are just built to have a period right away. Sucks, but that's nature.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• What's the deal? You go 9 months without it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010