Wedding Question

So my SO and I have decided that we are going to have an actual wedding. My question is about who to have walk me down the aisle. My step-dad raised me since I was 5. He's still the one I rely on when I absolutly need money or need my car looked at, and so on. My real father has been in my life, but we're not that close. Both of them would be dissappointed if I chose one over the other. Can I have both? Would it be okay to have neither? Or should I choose?

CarlyCo

Asked by CarlyCo at 7:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You can have both if you choose. No one can tell you that you can't.

And it wouldn't look tacky. You can always choose someone else as well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When my friend got married both her step-dad and real dad walked her down the aisle.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would explain to each of the men that you consider them to both be your dad, and have them both do it. Anyone at the wedding would definetly understand it is not tacky at all
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you are already married, I would walk by myself. It is only about the 2 of you this time. If not, have both dad's walk you. I hade my biological mom and bio dad walk me.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh that would be really nice to have Both! Then no one will be insulted!! I would do it!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i agree that it would be nice to have both. i have been to alot of weddings like that, or where they have their mother and father walk them down. congrats btw
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think anything goes anymore. I was just at a wedding where the bride had her mom and dad walk her down. This is your special day, so do what would make YOU and your SO happy.
    Katjafish

Answer by Katjafish at 8:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• its your wedding, if you want both, go with both.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you can most def do both! my sister had our step dad and her husbands grandfather both walk her down the isle.
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 9:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You can definitely have both! I think that's a great idea :) If YOU want to have them both. If you aren't comfortable having both of them walk you down the aisle, why not someone else, like your mother or a brother or someone.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010