Wedding attire- I just need an opinion (other than my husbands)

I am attending my cousins wedding in a couple of weeks and had purchased my dress only to find out that the bride's bridal party dresses are around the same color- purple. Is it ok to still wear it or should I get something else? We aren't going to the actual wedding (it's a Catholic wedding and I don't think my little ones would sit through it)but will be going to the reception. Opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

meljchristie

Asked by meljchristie at 7:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• it really all depends on the bride..i wanted everyone in my family to wear somle shade of purple to my wedding..so my pictures would come out pretty..lol. i didnt have a bridal party
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Go for it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• u already bought it and trust me u would not be the only one
    i wil say is ok
    SHYMILLENIUM

Answer by SHYMILLENIUM at 7:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Bring it back! I wore a dress that was the same color as the bridesmaid dresses for my husband's cousin's wedding. It was really embarrassing because people kept asking me why my dress was a different style then the other girls. I wish I had known that that was the color.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would wear a different color dress.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The bride might take it wrong. If there is any chance of pissing off the bride, I would take it back.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh, wear it. The Brides maid dresses will all be the same and yours is different. There are many shades of purple. I have gone to Weddings and the Bridesmaids are all in black and most of the guests wear black. I was also in a white Wedding and I was a bridesmaid & wore white too. Color is very in so there will probably be a few other women in lavendar and purple too. The Bride will probably not even notice what you are wearing. Have fun!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• 2 thoughts come to mind...

1) someone needs to attend the wedding. If you cant go send your husband. I think it is beyond rude to only go to the party and not the actual ceremony. Although I do understand your hesitation about bringing young kids to such a long ceremony.

2) it really depends on the bride. I see nothing wrong with it... but some brides are VERY particular and miss the entire meaning behind a wedding and focus on all the silly details.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it would be okay.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you can exchange it, I'd pick a different color just so there's no chance of being uncomfortable with your dress color.
    mylifeinscraps

Answer by mylifeinscraps at 10:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010