Katy Perry on Sesame Street

Do you think her outfit was a little to revealing for a kids's show? I think it was a little too much cleavage for Sesame Street

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• well i love sesame street it rocks i mean it is so cool and funny for adults especially when gordon and luis and maria and bob have 70s flashbacks and wear wigs and stuff. YES katie shoud have worn the cheerleader outfit she wore on the kids choice awards.. and if she was goign for a fairy look, she didnt have to wear a bustier, which is what it was. SOooo she coudl have worn a darn sweatshirt orregular dress! too bad she didnt. i bet she is a bit embarrassed yes sesame fiilmed it but they were probably happy to get her and then wanted to test its reaqction... they did the right thing, no biggie
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 7:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Kids would not even notice her cleavage. I showed it to my boys and they all laughed at Elmo trying to get away from her.

Kids don't sexualize things like adults, so they won't even notice. They took it down because of a bunch of ninny moms. It was not inappropriate for kids, it was inappropriate for adults.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Maybe, but, Sesame Street dressed her and filmed it...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I didn't have a problem with it. Even my husband says 4 year olds aren't going to be looking at her chest like that. I thought the skit was cute, and her outfit kind of looked like she was going for a superhero look. I'm not even really a fan of hers, but I didn't mind it. I actually thought she did very well with the facial expressions and being animated for the kids.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh and we all know MY kid would have been allowed to watch her on there. I also would have explained that it was her when we heard her on the radio.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• OH and I agree with the ones who said the young kids wont even notice. Worry more about the teen shows where the boys will be fantasizing.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think some people are making too much out of this. My two year old wouldn't have even noticed the cleavage. Kids these days se WAY MORE cleavage than what Katy Perry showed!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i did think that her outfit was too skimpy.... they could have done like a ice-skater type outfit where they have the flesh-colored fabric and the outfit looks skimpy but it really isn't. i did think the skit was cute.... but i think they should do it again with a different outfit lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Beth, it DID have the flesh colored fabric from the shoulder down to the top of the green dress.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I couldn't agree more with SleepingBeautee's first post..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 7:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010