Does anyone know anything about this? adult content

There is a child, at the daycare that I work at, that is 4 1/2, not potty trained, and sometimes poops in the pot- then wipes the poop all over himself and the clothes he is wearing. I heard this is a sign of abuse or something? Anyone ever hear of this?

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 7:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• The director needs to have a talk with the parents.The child could have some mental health issues that they are not aware of.I would also suggest removing the child from the day care and finding another that is more able to handle the childs needs.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 8:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No idea. But sounds like something is very wrong. Have you talked to your director about it?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No matter what the cause, there is a serious issue going on w/ that poor boy. He needs to get some help. :( So sad.
    Katjafish

Answer by Katjafish at 7:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• any diagnosis of anything? autism? other disorders? i would speak to the mother about it. don't automatically assume abuse. the mother may be trying, but the child just can't grasp it.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The director just thinks it is gross. She isn't a very good director.
    dancinintherain

Comment by dancinintherain (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I know he is adopted, his parents are two women, and when the center told the moms what he did yesterday- they said "yep, he does that."
    dancinintherain

Comment by dancinintherain (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010