second stimulus package? what do you think?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE49J60N20081020

honestly i don't see how this can really help!

heatherama

Asked by heatherama at 4:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes! By all means, lets borrow MORE money from China, Russia and Japan!!

Never mind that 3/4 of the 10 TRILLION DOLLAR national debt is already owed to foreign govenments, businesses and individuals...lets make it even more so that we can all go out an buy a new something from Wal-mart, made in Japan, to boost the AMERICAN economy.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It definitely won't be a permanent way to assist the general public but it WILL help some families that are a little behind on their mortgage or need a few hundred extra to pay off a credit card bill with. I'm TOTALY fine with it...of course...lol!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It sure helped me out this year! It bought me a few extra weeks to come up with the rest of my rent to prevent eviction. I had an 8 week old at the time and hubby was laid off and had JUST started a new job thus he hadn't received his first paycheck yet. We were two months behind in rent ($800.00) and we needed groceries. The stimilus REALLY helped us out. It paid our rent and we were able to get a little bit of groceries. When his checks started coming in, we were already back on our feet again.
    Anonymous

• just going to keep on printing funny money...and the USD will keep going down...
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If we got another stimulus check we would probably put it towards our insurance, its $200 a month and it would help to get it out of the way and have the extra money every month. I dont think it will really help with the economy though, at least not much.
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 4:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• no more handouts please.
    Anonymous

• I think it's probably a bad decision on our governments part, but I won't be sending any checks they mail me back (and neither will anyone else). The stimulus did help us a ton this year and still is, we paid up our bills and stocked the pantry. With the economy tanking like it is I'm sure a lot of people could use the help for the very same things.
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't think they should do it. I think people can wait until they get their tax refunds.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• yes those of you who lost your jobs and are struggling to feed your children. listen to matthewscandi wait until you get your tax refunds. your kids don't need to eat and you don't need to pay your bills.
    Anonymous

• And they say Obama is a socialist.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 5:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008