Anyone else?

I'm 19 weeks pregnant. Been having bad morning sickness since I was about 3 weeks. Is this normal? When is morning sickness (or morning, noon, and night sickness--in my case) supposed to go away? I asked my OB and she just said "it's fine", but I feel like cause I'm sick all the time, I'm losing weight and not getting the nutrition me and my baby need.

momtobe0211

Asked by momtobe0211 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first it didn't subside until 20-21 weeks. Try doing online searches for antinausea remedies I saw an ad once for candies you suck on that curb it but can't remember the name, ginger is suposed to help, and take your vitamins as you can and try drinking something like ensure to help you get your nutrition.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Unfortunately, you can remain sick during the rest of your pregnancy. Your doctor can prescribe you some medicine that may help with the sickness. I have taken Zofran to help with sickness during my pregnancies, and it worked wonders! Good luck!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I never got sick with my son but have many friends who were sick throughout the WHOLE pregnancy. If the baby is growing, then I think everything would be ok. The doctor would tell you if something wasn't going right :-) Hang in there and hopefully it will subside soon!

My husband gets car sick and he was on an ambulance ride out. I bought him some ginger gum from CVS and the brand is SeaBand. It's for things like that but also for morning sickness. Maybe try that out so you don't have to take medicine all the time.

Good Luck and hopefully you get to feeling better soon! :-)

~Alyssa
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What helped me was smelling lemons or smelling lavendar. Ginger, too. It's totally normal, just keep your midwife or doc up to speed. It sucks, though... I hope something helps :)
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 9:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I tried some ginger tea that my neighbor brought over tonight. It actually made everything worse. So I'm calling my OB in the morn and seeing if there's an RX she can give me for it, since I can't seem to keep anything in my stomach (even liquids).
    momtobe0211

Comment by momtobe0211 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yeah, hate to tell you but some women are sick the entire pregnancy. Just like some are never sick even once...I am lucky in that respect.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Unfortunately Sweetie, Some women experience Morning/Noon and Night sickness the entire pregnancy. It is important to make sure that you are not getting dehydrated as that can hurt both you and the baby. Have you asked about phenegran or Zofran? They are both wonderful drugs to help with nausea. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sounds like hyperemisis (basically, lots of throwing up). Phenergan can be administered in a gel that you rub on the skin- look into that (much better than a suppository!!). I'm sure you're already doing this, but Gatoraide if that will stay down can be good to at least keep your electrolytes in balance. Keep a food diary to see if you can figure out something that won't come back up. Good luck, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Im 26 weeks and still have it but it has eased off a hell of a lot since the start. I also lost weight but my midwife explained that baby takes the nutrients from in you so baby is still getting what it needs but you are not hence the weight loss. Hopefully it settles down soon.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 7:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2010