How did you choose your bestfriend?

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 8:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, I met her thru her husband.. being a military wife.. you kinda lose touch with your old friends because you aren't in that area anymore.. and you don't have that much in common anymore.

So, I met this wife thru text messaging with her and calling her before she moved out here... We have a lot in common and laugh at pretty much the same things.. We have known each other over a year now
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My bestfriend and i me in jr high school
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• sorry that suppose be MET..ooops
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't really think I chose her. It was more of a bonding that took place over a period of time. It was helped along by commonalities in our personalities and the fact that we just enjoyed spending time together.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We worked together over 10 years ago, been together ever since.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We were in kindergarten together, dont know that either of us choose each other, we just bonded..She knows everything about me, and I of her...I cant imagine life without her...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• we met in the 6th grade. i was the new kid and she showed me around. now shes my sister in law lol
    wifeyperez

Answer by wifeyperez at 9:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't have a best friend. All of my friends are very near and dear to me and I can't chose one to be more valuable than the other so perhaps they are all my best friends? lol, Idk
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You don't really choose your best friend. It's just something that kind of happens.
    However, My best friend and I have been close for nine years. He and I met on a penpal website exactly on September 11, 2001. We hit it off right away, met, and actually dated for the first 11 months. After our break, a mutual break, we swore to one another we'd remain friends. We have, loyally, and willingly for the last nine years.

So I guess you could say that he and I chose to remain friends, but we were best friends before we started dating. We just chose not to let the ending of our relationship ruin our friendship.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• when i realized that she didnt judge me, listened to me, valued my opinion, and i value her opinion. we just clicked right away and i felt like we could both learn a lot from each other.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 10:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010