Is it OK to give my DS PB&J everyday, if I know he loves it and will always eat it?

jshimmy

Asked by jshimmy at 8:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i let my son who is 2 choose what he wants for the most part, i find its easier than making him a bunch of stuff he doesnt want, i try to make his options good for him :)
    xashxleex87

Answer by xashxleex87 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• sure.... peanut butter is an excellent source of protiens and i get the skippy natural which doesn't have any hydrogenated oils in it, but doesn't seperate like the wierd health food brands do. use jelly without high fructose corn syrup and whole wheat bread (my kids like the arnold double fiber bread) and you have a healthy sandwich.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• if you aren't making it on that soft, white bread that has the nutritional value of cake, sure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• As long as it isn't every meal I see no problem. My son eats oatmeal EVERY day for breakfast. lol. EVERY DAY! I couldn't do it I tell you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i use to give my son the same food bcuz i knew he would eat it...until his doc told me to start introducing him to new foods...tell him you're out of the food he likes... and when he gets very hungry he will eat the new foods...and it worked

TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• As long as he has a variety in addition to that. Because if you give him only one kind of food and nothing else...he can develop various health issues. For instance..Scurvy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sure, it is probably a stage. My son went through a stage where he ate fried eggs 3 meals a day for about a month.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It's good for him. Put it on whole wheat bread. There is nothing wrong with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• DS, 11, wants that everyday in his lunch.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My 2 year old lives on peanut butter. She eats it for lunch at least 5 out of 7 days per week. I spread it on whole wheat bread, bagels and waffles. I'm thinking of trying almond butter.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010