ever needa break????

does any one else need a break from the stay at home mommy routine??? my dh always makes me feel guilty about wanting a couple hours for myself once a week(he is semi driver so he is home every couple days)and when i do get to make plans somthing always goes wrong and he hasta leave or somthing... im going crazy!!1

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 8:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everyone needs a break. I was a stay at home mom for 6 years. I almost went crazy, singing Blues Clues in the grocery and stuff. I talked on the phone a lot and got a part time job.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes, i know exactly how you feel. i try to go out once a month and have me time.... getting my hair done, or a pedi (wow will the planets ever align so i can have both??????? lmao). it's just so monotonous sometimes. i like to make it a point to go somewhere with the kids everyday. even if it's just a walk around our neighborhood.... it's still better than being stuck in the house 24/7.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I gave myself a 30 minute time out when my husband got home from work last night lol even if its just a bubble bath or alone time in your own room with no interuptions i think every mommy needs some alone time :)
    giraffegrl1980

Answer by giraffegrl1980 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Girl, please if you didnt need a break I would question your sanity..lol...Of course, not just as a SAHM but as a mother I think we all need a break from time to time...MOTHERING IS A FULL TIME JOB from sun up to sun down...My kids will come in the room see me sleep, daddy is sitting watching tv and they will wake me up to ask if they can have a snack...But, you know what I wouldnt change it for a second...However, I have made it a point that every Friday morning one of my BF get together, maybe for breakfast or we just run our errands together...I also feel you pain with the truck driver thing, mine too..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i swear im at the point of leaving.. im so exhausted and just dont understand how i can ask for help over and over ,and still be ignored and when i say sumthing i get a stupid i pay bills and work to pay for stuff lecture,like im sooo selfish
    mayo9mommy

Comment by mayo9mommy (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Find a babysitter or get help from a relative or friend.
    EVERYONE needs a break every now and then, and if they say they don't they're lying.
    We're individuals, not just mom's. We need time to ourselves, time with our friends, time without the kids. Everyone does.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Your DH just isnt the best I guess! Mine is full time army, and he lets me get a break every weekend if I want it, that is an ecuse!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010