why do i get so anxious and stressed out with my 9 week old?

after she has her bottle and i put her down in her crib for bedtime i get really nervous and anxious...i know that she is going to lose her pacifier and i will have to go put it back in at least once...but she doesnt lay and cry and is usually asleep within 10 to 15 min...VERY GOOD for a 9 wk old....so why do i get so stressed? how can i relax? im a very up-tight Mommy and i dont know how to change it. I have no reason to be like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because having a baby is totally different from anything else you've ever done. Because your entire life changed 9 weeks ago, and you're still trying to adjust. Because you are probably sleep deprived.

The next few months you are going to worry like you have never worried before. Is she eating enough? Is she eating too much? Is she sleeping right? Why won't she stop crying? Did I give her too much gas medicine? Is this enough fever to call the doctor? Why does she seem calmer when she sleeps on her tummy?

The bad news is there's not much you can do about this stuff. That's kind of what being a mom is about. The good news is these fears fade, (to be replaced by new ones =P) and all you can really do is recognize that you have an instinct about this stuff, and you and your child will learn to communicate, and you will know what she needs and wants...
    Get a good book to escape into!!
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I know how you feel! I am VERY anal with my son and I really have calmed down some since he was born. He's now 3. Maybe you can find a hobby or something to do around the house to help take your mind off of it a little :-) Maybe scrap booking or something.

It's very normal :-)

Best wishes!

~Alyssa
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You need to trust your instincts more! You are doing fine... it takes a while to get into a groove where you know you are doing a good job :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 8:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Post birth is a very weird time. Your hormones are going crazy and anything can present itself in an odd way. Talk to your SO and doctor. You are not crazy or abnormal.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sometimes post partum hormones are evil. You can talk to your doctor about it, but it will probably get better over time. Having a newborn is very stressful no matter what so don't think your a freak or anything, because you're not!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010