Is there anything you can do to stop someone from snoring?

Besides the obvious of waking them up or pinching their nose lol. What about those breathe right strips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband snored like a freight train for yrs. His Dr finally said..lets test for sleep apnea..he was off the charts. He now sleeps with a CPAP machine on and he doesn't snore. Funny thing was..as long as it took me to get used to sleeping next to his snoring..when it stopped..I couldn't sleep for like 3 weeks.LOL. The breathe right strips are good for sports, and when you have a cold...but day to day..I don't think they make that much difference. Not for us anyway.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• you can try that but it is also something to consult a doctor on. Could be a sleep disorder
    Anonymous

• My husband is a loud snorer and we tried the breathe right strips ( don't work on him ) . Haven't found anything else to help .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Sometimes those will work. There are snore sprays you can buy. My husband snores like crazy!!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think the sleep apnea test is a really good idea. My mom snored for years and years and had sleep issues...she had a sleep study done and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. They gave her a CPAP machine, but she couldn't stand to use it...but it DID help when she forced herself to use it. She would pull it off in her sleep and continue to stop breathing.

But if you can afford it, I think a real doctor consultation is a great idea. Snoring can sometimes indicate bigger problems, yanno?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if you do get the breathe right strips get the big ones they helped my dh. They have regular and large sizes.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It is sleep apnea!! There is relief though you don't have to use the CPAP machines any more. There are dentists out there that can help you w/ an appliance that would be worr at night. What it does is pull the jaw forward allowing airflow thru. Call around to see if there are dentists in your area that do this. If not there is one in Texas that you can call and they can let you know specialists in your area. Granbury Dental Center 817-573-3761 they do sleep apnea appliances, the best doctors in town! They can refer you to someone.
    3Tsmommy

Answer by 3Tsmommy at 5:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• send him to sleep in another room
    Anonymous

• Hit him with a frying pan :). Just kidding.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i roll him over jab him in the arm lol but ya those breathe right stips worked for him i would try it lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008