Can some babies skip the crawling stage and go right to walking.

I heard some babies skip crawling and go right to walking. I know that is rare though. Did that happen to any of you ladies or is crawling a milestone for a baby?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son crawled for about a month before he started walking. And even then he mostly just crawled to the couches or chairs so he could pull up on and walk around the furniture. He was never much for crawling!
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 8:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yep my third little one did not really crawl at all but I had one that crawled like there was no tomorrow.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my first son didn't crawl at all. he started walking on his first birthday. then a few months after that he started crawling lol. makes no sense i know.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yep, some babies don't crawl.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I haven't seen a baby that hasn't crawled first, but yes they can skip the crawling and go right to walking
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it's not rare, i know lots of babies who have
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It's not rare. It's actually very common. My son crawled maybe a foot before he started walking. My daughter has yet to walk and is crawling all over the place. It happens most commonly when the child has an older sibling to mimic, but it can very easily happen in a single child home.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes there are some that do
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2010