Who has done HYPNOBABIES or HYPNOBIRTHING?

I want to take hypnobirthing classes, which are available in my area, OR I want to do the hypnobabies home study. Has anyone taken actual classes, or done the home study? What did you think? :)

MamaCatCat

Asked by MamaCatCat at 8:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just wondering what is this like hypnosis for the baby or for the mother in labor?....
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No I haven't but it sounds interesting, I'd like to find out how it works, so here's a bump
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It's for the mom in labor :) Women who are interested in natural unmedicated childbirth... It's supposed to be like, hypnosis that relaxes you (not like stage hypnosis where you quack like a duck and all that, lol) BUT it is meditation almost, it seems like.
    MamaCatCat

Comment by MamaCatCat (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• lol okay neat whatever works, i think as long as you arent induced and dont use petocin labor is much easier to get through but if you were induced id def want something if i werent using medication good luck im sure someone will have some info
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• IDK, I quacked like a duck when I had my twins.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I've had one unmedicated birth, I'd just really like it to be LESS painful.... lol. I didn't take any classes or anything last time and it was really hard. I know it's LABOR, but I want to know if these really do work! Cuz I'd love a shorter easier labor than last time...
    MamaCatCat

Comment by MamaCatCat (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The moms I've worked with who've done it swear by it. The midwives I've worked with say the only thing they're weird about is that hypno birthing discourages pushing, but you can make it your own. I plan to give it a go with baby #2. If it interests you, I say go for it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think that it sounds interesting enough to try..you should do more research & keep updated here @ cafe mom..good luck & congrats
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I did the home study. I like it a lot, I also think it helped me alot push off my emergancy c-section for 3 days. It helped me and my husband know what to do going in and the strength to stick to our guns for as long as we could.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 9:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2010