When do babies start sleeping through the night?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends on the baby, but mine have started around 6 months (well the third one started at 4 1/2 months)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When their bodies and brains are ready..and no sooner. Some are 2 months, some are 2 years.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sorry, honey, but all babies are different.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It really just depends on the baby. All babies are different. Some do it right away and some, like mine, take several months to get the hang of it!!!

Good Luck :-)

~Alyssa
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• LOL! Mine was in 1st grade!
    It used to drive me nuts when he'd get up in the middle of the night, go potty, get a drink of water and then wake me up to tell me that he went potty and got a drink of water and then he'd go back to bed! It took me a few years for him to break him of this!
    LMAO!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My daughter didn't sleep through the night until I nigh weaned her when she was 20 months. My son already tries to sleep through the night at a month old lol. I breastfeed and co-sleep, did with my daughter too. Every kid is different, sorry there's no answer there.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• mine`started soon after coming home maybe a month and a half
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it all depends all kids are diffrent. My oldest slept only a couple times through the night at 5 and 6 months, but she didn't really start sleeping through the night all the time until she was a year and a half. My youngest daughter started sleeping through the night all the time at 3 months. My nephew started at 9 months, but I have a friend who said her oldest was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and her middle and youngest ones were sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. But it also depends on what you consider sleeping through the night. Mine wasn't on a set bed time (well youngest was, but not my oldest) at that age, but my oldest went to bed anywhere from 8-11pm I believe anything before midnight sleeping through until at least 6 is sleeping through the night, but that is just me.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It depends on the baby, and also sometimes they go through phases where they will wake up during the night and then sleep through the night.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Five hours of consecutive sleep is considered sleeping through the night, and all babies are different. My son started sleeping through the night around 10 weeks, and unless he is sick, has a bad dream, or has an accident, he has always done so (he'll be 4 next month). For him, STTN was 12-13 hours, and once he went to bed he was out for the night. My daughter began sleeping 7 hours straight at 4.5 weeks. She is 7.5 months old, and her sleeping pattern has changed multiple times. She goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes up around 11 wanting her paci. Some night she'll sleep through until about 5:30 when she wants to eat and other nights she may wake up several more times wanting her paci. I thought I had gotten so lucky when she started sleeping through the night so early, but she was just waiting for me to go back to work so she could change things up on me. lol
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010