Is it true babies can start rolling over at 8 weeks or earlier?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• They can go belly to back at 8 weeks they have to be around 3 or 4 months to get the muscle strength to go from back to belly.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Mine went back to belly at 8 weeks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yep, my oldest rolled tummy to back consistently by 1 month, and he has Down Syndrome =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yep...my youngest I don't remember how old she was, but my oldest was 6 weeks then I think it was the other way back to belly at 4 months maybe a tad sooner I don't remember, but my oldest was very (whatever you want to call it lol) she was doing things (still does) very early
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• dedicatedrider.... that is so funny. mine always went back to tummy first! it took them forever to figure out how to get off their tummy lol. gee you know what they say all kids are different :) but yes, they were proficient at rolling back to tummy by 1mo

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yeap, mine went from back to belly before he was 8 weeks old. He had a hard time getting from tummy to back though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• some babies have been reported to roll over at 2 weeks...most do it around 3-6 months
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Rolling over is nothing more then the body forced in one direction. It can be intentional or it can be unintentional. Which means if the baby is determined enough it can happen at any age.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I was in the hospital after I had my daughter, I put my hand on my daughter while she was on the bed. The nurse told me that she wouldn't roll over, so I moved my hand. Because of the way the bed was positioned, slightly elevated, she rolled. I was right there so I wasn't going to let her fall. On her own though, she rolled at about 3 weeks.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010