halloween candy binge?

Hey! I'm just wonderin wot u all allow ur kids to do with their candy they receive? Do they get to binge and eat it all at once? Or do u keep it and give them rations daily or on weekends? Or do u not really care?lol

luschram

Asked by luschram at 4:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I give them a treat or two after lunch and supper . Mostly DADDY eats their candy ! LOL , he's a big kid !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We check our kids candy out at the police stations . Most places do that now ! They scan it to see if anything is wrong with the candy .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We check ours first. Then we just hang the bag in his room and let him kinda have at it whenever he chooses. He will always ask, and he will never take more than a piece or two at once. Fortunately, he is a great kiddo, so I don't really have to monitor him too much.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think it checks for chemicals too . I know they check to see if they put anything in the candy and for poisons . I don't know if all areas do that ! I live in Texas ! Other that don't let them eat ones that look like they have been opened !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We divide it up and daddy takes some to work for the community candy dish. My son isn't really that much into candy so we end up throwing a lot away months later.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would confiscate it and eat it all myself! LOL! I did a little at a time.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Lol I did that wen they were little! Can't do it now they'd kick up a fuss!
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 5:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We have it x-rayed at the local hospital and then let them go to town...it only comes once a year so we let them live it up.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Todays paper says kids should eat their candy all at once to reduce tooth decay! Sugar stays present in the mouth for 20mins after eating so giving a little at a time increases the teeth's exposure time to sugar! Lol so the question is: do u want tooth decay? Or a sugar rush? LOL
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 11:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2008