When your oldest (or only) child comes to a new milestone in their life, does it make you feel like a new mom again?

My son unexpectedly lost his first tooth today. He was overjoyed, but I was more worried about how fast it came out. I called my mom to seek her advice about it and she reassured me that since it was a baby tooth that it would be okay. I totally felt like a new mom again. What about you? Do you get that "new" mom feeling with your oldest or only child even though you have been a mom for a while now?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everytime, my kids do something for the first time, I tear up. The first time my 5th child peed on the potty at 19 m/o, I cried. My 5 y/o first day of Kindergarten, I cried.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ahhhh, take a picture him with his tooth for keepsake.Smile

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• With my oldest at eleven, not as much... sometimes I just wonder what happened.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no, honestly i just feel old lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, I just feel excited for all their new accomplshments and milestones ---it is THEIR accomplishment,not mine.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes, he's only 13 months old, but he seems to be growing so fast!!!
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 9:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I have to seek out my mom's adivce or the advice of someone else I do feel like a brand new mom. I get that noob feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing, even if I have been a mom for two years now. It's funny really, because you think you've got it all down pat and then BAM you're like "MOMMY! What do I do?" lol But it's great to know that I may have it handled, but I don't know everything. And evne I stump my mom sometimes. It's good to not know everything, that shows life is still worth moving on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Expect this their entire life. My kids are 15 & 17 and I am still rejoicing with everything they do. Not only the milestones but as they get older you will discover pride in their accomplishments that will remind you why you are a mom and will make you feel like a new mom all over again.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010